OLÁ PORTUGAL!

Hello! 

My name is Ginevra Agosti. I am 27 years old and next June I will be 28.
I live in Bergamo, a beautiful town that counts about 120,000 inhabitants and is close to the big city of Milan, situated in the northern part of Italy.

Since I did a six moths exchange program experience in Brazil when I was in high school, I can now speak Portuguese quite well.

I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, which I achieved at the University ‘Politecnico di Milano’.
After my studies I worked for one year in the Planning office of Bergamo’s City Council and then at a graphic design studio as graphic assistant and web designer. 


Nonetheless, I felt something different should happen in my life, maybe a change, an experience that could open the door to new opportunities and perspectives. 
It was indeed two years that I was thinking I would love to embark in this kind of experience, though the right time hadn’t come yet for me.
The only thing I was absolutely sure since the beginning was that I wanted Portugal to be the hosting country for my adventure.

In January I was casually scrolling through the announces on EVS website when my eyes fell on AJD association project; I sent my application straightaway, but I didn’t expect much to be honest. 
As soon as a week later, I did my first Skype interview with them and three days later they told me I could book the flight to Porto since I had been selected to become one of the new volunteers at AJD’s!

I was thrilled for the start of something new, but I was also freaking out quite a lot: doubts, puzzlement, fears filled up my mind, but I was also eager to take the challenge!
When I finally got to Viana I brought with me loads of Italian rain (at least this is what they told me, since they haven’t been seeing a single drop of rain for weeks before my arrival) What a bad luck!
Hence, I immediately became familiar with humidity, strong wind and the pointlessness of taking an umbrella.

My first day at AJD was quite surprising: the welcome was so natural it felt just like I had always be there, I met Sara and Silvia (Bibì) and then the ear-splitting noise coming from the outside told me the kids were just on their way!


After I introduced myself briefly, they gave me a welcoming poster prepared and sketched by the kids; So fun to see what they knew of my country of origin (pasta – pizza). 

My adventure just started… but I’m already getting the most of it! 


Olá!

Meu nome é Ginevra Agosti. Tenho 27 anos e no próximo mês de junho vou fazer 28 anos.
Eu moro em Bergamo, uma bela cidade que conta com cerca de 120.000 habitantes perto da grande cidade de Milão, situada no norte da Itália.
Desde que fiz uma experiência de intercâmbio de seis meses no Brasil, quando eu estava no ensino médio, aprendi a falar português muito bem.
Eu tenho uma licenciatura em Planeamento Urbano, que eu realizei no 'Politecnico di Milano'.
Após os meus estudos, trabalhei durante um ano no escritório de Planeamento da Câmara Municipal de Bergamo e, em seguida, em um estúdio de design gráfico como assistente gráfica e web designer.

No entanto, senti que algo diferente deveria acontecer na minha vida, talvez uma mudança, uma experiência que poderia abrir a porta para novas oportunidades e perspectivas.
Foram realmente dois anos que estive a pensar que eu adoraria embarcar neste tipo de experiência, embora o momento certo demorou a chegar para mim.
A única coisa que eu tinha a certeza absoluta desde o início era que eu queria que Portugal fosse o país de acolhimento para a minha aventura.

Em janeiro eu estava percorrendo casualmente os anúncios no site do EVS quando os meus olhos caíram no projeto da Associação Juvenil de Deão - AJD; Eu enviei a minha aplicação imediatamente, mas eu não esperava por uma resposta para ser honesta. Contudo, uma semana depois, eu estava a fazer a minha primeira entrevista no Skype com eles e três dias depois eles me disseram que eu podia reservar o vôo para o Porto porque eu tinha sido selecionada e faria parte dos novos voluntários da AJD!

Eu estava entusiasmada com o início de algo novo, mas eu também estava pensando muito: dúvidas, perplexidade, medos encheram a minha mente, mas eu também estava ansiosa para assumir o desafio!


Quando finalmente cheguei a Viana eu trouxe comigo um monte de chuva italiana (pelo menos isso foi o que eles me disseram, uma vez que eles não tinham visto uma única gota de chuva por semanas antes da minha chegada). Que má sorte!
Por isso, imediatamente me familiarizei com a humidade, o vento forte e a inutilidade de usar um guarda-chuva.

O meu primeiro dia na AJD foi bastante surpreendente: as boas-vindas foram tão naturais que senti que já fazia parte da AJD, conheci a Sara e a Sílvia (Bibi) e, em seguida, o barulho vindo do exterior me disse que as crianças estavam a caminho!
Depois de me apresentar brevemente, as crianças deram-me um cartaz de boas-vindas preparado e esboçado por elas; Tão divertido ver o que elas sabiam do meu país de origem (massas - pizza).

Minha aventura apenas começou… Mas eu já estou recebendo mais do que isso!


Comments