NA LUDOTECA



I have to admit that one of the things that made me feel more nervous about my volunteer service was to work with kids, was difficult for me to imagine myself working with kids and maybe because of that I decided to do it. I had been a coach of a team, but I was not sure of being able to spend so much time with them and I already knew that patience was not among my virtues. As if that was not enough I had an added difficulty, the language, despite the fact that I was supposed to be able to speak Portuguese, it has been long time not practicing it. Luckily the adaptation was very fast and in a few days I was doing things that one month before I couldn’t even imagine.

Now, after having spent more than the half of my volunteering service I feel everything different. In a very short period of time I started to feel comfortable. Kids arrive at 17:30, they have the lunch, they do their homeworks and then we play. Friday is the day free of homeworks and we take advantage of other activities that we organize alternately Sara and I. In addition we also celebrate certain days, such as volunteer day, pijama day, Halloween, Magusto ...

During these months we have worked in the garden, where we plant garlic, lettuce, onion and cabbage, made the monster of the caps to encourage the collection of caps, we have made an excursion to collect leaves to make crafts with them, also tried to raise them on the environment with activities on recycling and we have made all kind of games.


All this things obviously would have been impossible without the help of Jerusa and Bibi, and my partner Sara, who, came here 1 year ago and helped me a lot too. 

Thank you very much.

Pablo



Eu tenho que admitir que uma das coisas que tinha mais medo do meu voluntariado era trabalhar com crianças, não acreditava muito em mim e talvez por isso eu queria tentar. Já tinha treinado uma equipa, mas não tinha a certeza se era capaz de estar tanto tempo com elas e sabia que a paciência não era uma de minhas virtudes. Como se isso não fosse suficiente, ainda tinha mais uma dificuldade, a linguagem, embora “conhecida”, há muito tempo que não praticava. Felizmente, a adaptação foi muito rápida e em poucos dias estava a fazer coisas que um bocado antes de chegar me teria parecido impossível.

Agora, depois de passar mais da metade do meu voluntariado vejo tudo diferente. Comecei a sentir-me confortável muito rápido. Eles chegam às 17:30, lancham, fazemos os trabalhos de casa e finalmente brincamos. Nas sextas-feiras ninguém tem trabalhos de casa e aproveitamos a oportunidade para fazer outras atividades organizadas alternadamente entre a Sara e eu. Além disso, também comemoramos certos dias, como o dia do voluntariado, o dia do pijama, Halloween, Magusto...

Nestes meses trabalhamos no jardim, onde plantamos alho, alface, cebola e couve, fizemos o monstro das tampinhas para incentivar a recolha de tampinhas, fizemos uma saída para apanhar folhas para fazer artesanato, trabalhamos a sensibilização sobre o meio ambiente com atividades sobre reciclagem e fizemos todos os tipos de jogos.

Tudo isso, obviamente, teria sido impossível para mim sem a ajuda da Jerusa e da Bibi e da minha colega Sara porque quando cheguei ela já estava a morar aqui por 6 meses e também me ajudou muito. 

Muito obrigado.

Pablo

Comments