YEAR OF PORTUGAL

Almost one year ago I knew, that this for me will be different than the previous. I received information from my sending organization – Piaskowy Smok, that in the distant Portugal, Associação Juvenil de Deão decided that I will be their volunteer. I have not a lot time to prepare, because until the last day I worked in another city. Quick packing and 8/31/2016 I was in a country with a different culture and totally incomprehensible for me language.


A variety of tasks, all the time new people, continuous food, sweets, rain – this is how I remember my first months in Deão. Labors and joy intertwined to form a grid of interesting memories. During these 10 months I have met many people, the larger and the smaller ones, whom I miss the most – from Deão and Lanheses. Little ones - you gave me a lot of joy and it was a pleasure to work with you, even though the Portuguese children are noisy. Very noisy! But thanks to you, I could feel like a child too. I still remember your jokes, quarrels, huggs and small problems which were enormous for you. As we have seen, it was so hard to say “goodbye” for you, and I brought all your drawings and selfie phone. I'm very curious what will be in the future with you!



Last month, when finally I've reached Sarah and Javier brought a lot of emotion. This was undoubtedly the time of Mike Posner, Coca-Cola, Mario & Lugigi, jokes and lengthy conversations in the bar that looks like all the others, but wasn’t.



You gave me a chance to be part of your community. I do not want to mention the name of all, which I would like to say “thank you” and hug one more time, to not to miss anybody. Thank you for another lesson in my life for younger and older people from Deão and primarily for all the other volunteers. Each of you whom I met certainly has left a mark on my life.


Two months I am already in Poland. Sometimes it seems to me, that the adventure in Portugal is a distant past and it was a few years ago, and memories gently fade. Another time, I think for the moment I will get back, I put rubber boots, backpack, grab an umbrella and go for a bus at 10.15 a.m, which will take me to Deão.

Natalia




Ano de Portugal



Quase há um ano atrás, eu sabia que para mim seria diferente do que o anterior. Eu recebi informações da minha organização de envio - Piaskowy Smok, que no Portugal distante, a Associação Juvenil de Deão decidiu que eu seria a sua voluntária. Eu não tenho muito tempo para me preparar, porque até ao último dia eu estava a trabalhar em outra cidade. Uma mala rápida e no dia 31 de agosto de 2016 eu estava em um país com uma cultura diferente e com um idioma totalmente incompreensível para mim.



Uma variedade de tarefas, o tempo todo novas pessoas, sempre a comer, doces, chuva - é assim que eu me lembro dos meus primeiros meses em Deão. Trabalhos e alegria interligados para formar uma grande variedade de memórias interessantes. Durante estes 10 meses eu conheci muitas pessoas, os maiores e os menores, de quem eu mais sinto falta - de Deão e Lanheses. Os pequenos - vocês me deram muita alegria e foi um prazer trabalhar convosco, mesmo que as crianças portuguesas são barulhentos. Muito barulhentos! Mas graças a vocês, eu podia me sentir como uma criança também. Ainda me lembro das suas piadas, brigas, abraços e dos pequenos problemas que eram enormes para vocês. Como vimos, foi tão difícil dizer "adeus" para vocês, e eu trouxe todos os vossos desenhos e selfies. Estou muito curiosa para saber como vai ser o vosso futuro!



O mês passado, quando finalmente chegou a Sarah e Javier, trouxe muita emoção. Este foi, sem dúvida, o tempo de Mike Posner, Coca-Cola, Mario & Lugigi, piadas e longas conversas no bar que se parecia com todos os outros, mas não era.




Vocês me deram a chance de fazer parte da vossa comunidade. Eu não quero mencionar o nome de todos, que eu gostaria de dizer "obrigado" e abraçar mais uma vez, para não esquecer ninguém. Obrigado por outra lição na minha vida aos jovens e idosos de Deão e principalmente para todos os outros voluntários. Cada um de vocês que conheci, certamente deixou uma marca na minha vida.



Já estou na Polónia há dois meses. Às vezes, parece-me, que a aventura em Portugal é um passado distante e que foi há alguns anos atrás, e as memórias gentilmente desvanecem. Outras vezes, eu penso por um momento que vou voltar, eu coloquei as galochas, a mochila, peguei num guarda-chuva e vou para o autocarro às 10h15, que me vai levar para Deão.


Natalia

Comments