THE PERKS OF LIFE IN THE COUNTRYSIDE


Come on kids, it's time for another bedtime story! Since there was a heated debate on this topic and the outline of the article's content, we decided to make a "my story, your story and the truth" type of post. Read on to see what happened!
Gretel's story: Ok, so we were alone in the office, Sara had left for a meeting. It was still quite warm outside, so we left the office door open. I was sitting in the office, Melanie spread out in the cooler Ludoteca. Since I was listening to music I thought the sound came from the track, but then the "hssss" got louder. I disregarded it, yet when I looked accidentally to the ground there it was: a gigantic, frightening cobra, serpentining its way in wavy motions into the office. I could swear it was a minimum of 2 metres long and two palms wide. It was so big, it didn't look like something that would exist today but rather a mammoth that had gone extinct along with the dinosaurs over 60 million years ago! My heart froze and in an instant I took a huge leap to the other side of the room and ran screaming like a crazy person into the Ludoteca, where I remained for the whole day in a state of shock.

Melanie's story: I was sitting in the Ludoteca, working on some photos, when all of a sudden Gretel let out the biggest screams I had ever heard from her! "AHHHHHHH! AH AH AHHH!" I wasn't sure whether she had won the lottery or been attacked by an axe murderer - but I almost fell out of my chair. Then she came running into the room, her hands waving in the air (so no axe murderer, I guessed). "Da! Wuhaa! Da... Meine Güte!" she was stammering incoherently, pointing and waving, looking completely bewildered. There might have been some Romanian cursing. "There is a snake", she finally told me. "Ohhh!" I replied, having finally understood what was going on. Obviously I went straight into the office to see the beast myself. "Is it big?" I asked Gretel when I passed her, and she nodded. "Huge! Gigantic. Don't go in there!"
When I entered the office, I saw the snake on the floor, and it moved quickly from under the chairs. "Oops" - I realized Gretel hadn't been kidding. The snake fled under the cabinet. Damnit, now we couldn't get to it! "It's not that big" I said to Gretel, but she wasn't having any of it. I told her to go get me a stick or pole, but we couldn't come up with anything to get the snake out of there. Finally, I got a big elementary school ruler and poked around carefully under the filing cabinet.
I couldn't find it. It was hard to see anything under the dark, narrow cabinet, and the ruler didn't seem to produce any results, so after a while I was ready to give up. We thought that the snake had fled through a hole in the wall to the other side of the Ludoteca. Just to be sure, I moved the heavy cabinet an inch away from the corner - and there it was. Oh man, our first countryside snake!
Sara arrived and when Gretel told her, screaming and gesturing, that we had a snake in the office, she was not amused at all. At first she didn't believe us, but when she saw me poking around with the ruler, the smile dropped from her face and she let out a scream similar to Gretel's. Neither Gretel nor Sara would set foot in the office, so I had to get my camera, take a picture of the snake and show it to them to prove that it was still there. Sara ended up asking a friendly stranger from the road to help us out - he came with his own snake-removing equipment!

Watch the video below to see how it unfolded and make up your own mind about the "true" story ;)

Veêm miúdos, é hora para mais uma história para adormecer. Uma vez que houve um debate intenso sobre este tema e conteúdo do artigo, decidimos fazer uma reportagem tipo "a minha história, a tua história e a verdade". Leia mais para ver o que aconteceu!

A história da Gretel: Ok, então estávamos sozinhas no escritório, Sara tinha ido para uma reunião. Ainda estava muito calor lá fora, então deixamos a porta do escritório aberta. Eu estava no escritório, a Melanie estava sentada na Ludoteca. Como estava a ouvir música, pensei que o som vinha da faixa, mas, em seguida, o "hssss" tornou-se mais alto. No inicio ignorei, mas quando olhei para o chão acidentalmente lá estava: uma gigantesca cobra assustadora, fazendo movimentos ondulados para dentro do escritório. Eu podia jurar que tinha no mínimo 2 metros de comprimento e duas palmas de largura. Era tão grande, que parecia já não existir coisa assim, era semelhante a um mamute já extinto junto com os dinossauros há mais de 60 milhões de anos atrás. O meu coração gelou e num instante eu dei um salto enorme para o outro lado do escritório e corri a gritar como uma maluca para a Ludoteca, onde fiquei durante todo o dia em estado de choque.

A história da Melanie: Eu estava sentada na Ludoteca, a trabalhar nalgumas fotos, quando, de repente, Gretel soltou os maiores gritos que eu tinha ouvido dela! "AHHHHHHH! AH AH AHHH!" Não tive a certeza se ela tinha ganho a loteria ou se tinha sido atacada por um assassino - mas eu quase caí da cadeira. Então ela veio a correr para a sala, com as mãos a balançar no ar (então não foi nenhum assassino de machado, imaginei). "Da! Da! Wuhaa ... Meine Güte!" ela estava gaguejando incoerentemente, apontando e acenando, parecendo completamente desnorteada. Pode ter havido alguma maldição em Romêno. "Não, é uma cobra", ela finalmente me disse. "Ohhh!" Eu respondi, tendo finalmente entendido o que estava a acontecer. Obviamente, fui direta para o escritório para ver a besta. "É grande?" Perguntei Gretel quando passei por ela, e ela balançou a cabeça. "Enorme! Gigante. Não vás lá!"
Quando entrei no escritório, eu vi a cobra no chão, e moveu-se rapidamente por debaixo das cadeiras. "Oops" - eu percebi que a Gretel não estava a brincar. A cobra fugiu para de baixo do armário. Fogo, agora não podíamos apanhá-la! "Não é assim tão grande", disse a Gretel, mas ela não queria ouvir. Eu disse-lhe para ir buscar um pau, mas não conseguimos encontrar nada para tirar a serpente de lá. Finalmente, peguei numa grande régua e mexi cuidadosamente debaixo do armário. 
Não conseguimos encontrá-la. Era difícil ver qualquer coisa de baixo do armário escuro e estreito, e a régua não parecia dar resultados, eu já estava pronta para desistir. Pensamos que a cobra tinha fugido através de um buraco na parede para o outro lado da Ludoteca. Só para ter certeza, mudei o armário pesado mais para a esquina - e lá estava ela. O meu Deus, a nossa primeira cobra aqui na aldeia! 
A Sara chegou e quando Gretel lhe disse gritando e gesticulando, que tinhamos uma cobra no escritório, ela não achou graça nenhuma. No início, não acreditou mas quando ela me viu a afugentar a cobra com a régua perdeu a vontade de rir e soltou um grito semelhante ao da Gretel. Nem a Gretel nem a Sara puseram um pé no escritório, então tive que pegar na minha máquina fotográfica, tirei uma foto da cobra e mostrei-lhes, para provar que a cobra ainda estava lá. A Sara pediu um senhor que passava na rua para ajudar-nos e ele veio com o seu próprio equipamento de remoção de cobra!


Veja o vídeo abaixo para ver como a situação se desenrolou e dá a tua opinião sobre a história "verdadeira";)

Comments