GUEST POST: BOM DIA! CERVEJA? OBRIGADA!

In the beginning of September, a new volunteer joined the ranks of the AJD EVS team. Natalia Kołodyńska will be in Viana do Castelo for a 10 month project, until the end of June 2016. Read what she has to say about her first days in Portugal!

Olá! I am Natalia and I started my volunteering on 1st September . I live in Varsovie, which is the capital of Poland. I didn't have much time to prepare for my travel, because I worked in Poland until the last day. So my packing was really fast, but the weird thing is that despite of that I took with me almost all the things I wanted. On Friday I had a last dinner with my friends (one of them was Ola - in Poland it is a girl's name!). On 29th of August at 6:30 a.m. I started my trip in Varsovie. I was really surprised, because at the airport I met my friends which came to say goodbye (at 5 a.m!). I had a change in Brussels and finally, I arrived in Porto. I had one big dream - sleep, sleep, sleep. I was really tired, because the previous month for me was exhausting, but I couldn't give up, I had to see the Ocean. I decided to go on a walk and it was the next astonishment. Porto is not as flat as a plate. They have a valley and hills in the city. What's more, the subway is mostly above ground. It looks rather like a tram than a metro. On Sunday I finished my weekend and finally I arrived in Viana do Castelo. Ana Paula and Joaquina picked me up from the train station, showed me my new flat and took me out to dinner. The weather was suprising, because in the air there was something like a smog, but it came from the ocean. The first thing next day were the seagulls saying "Ola!" to me. They screamed very loudly.
On Monday I started my first day at AJD. My main tasks at AJD are connected with broadly defined communication (both the Internet and the traditional media). The team and children prepared a big banner to welcome me. It was a great suprise! I was really happy and I didn't expect such a nice beginning for my voluntary service. I want to say "Obrigada!" (one of the two words which I know in Portuguese) :).
On Tuesday evening I was with Gretel (another volunteer) at "XIX Festival de Folclore Internacional - Alto Minho" in Viana. I didn't expect to meet Polish people so far away from my country!
It will be a crazy time, starting my adventure with a new language and culture. Keep your fingers crossed my friends!
No início de setembro, uma nova voluntária juntou-se à equipa SVE da AJD. Natalia Kolodynska estará em Viana do Castelo para um projeto de 10 meses, até ao final de junho de 2016. Lê o que ela tem a dizer sobre os seus primeiros dias em Portugal!
Olá! Eu sou a Natalia e comecei o meu voluntariado no dia 1 de setembro. Eu vivo em Varsóvia, a capital da Polónia. Não tive muito tempo para preparar a minha viagem, porque trabalhei na Polónia até ao último dia. Então, fiz as malas muito rápido, mas o estranho é que, apesar de isso, trouxe comigo quase todas as coisas que queria. Na sexta-feira tive o último jantar com os meus amigos (um deles era Ola - na Polónia é o nome de uma menina). No dia 29 de Agosto, às 06:30, eu comecei a minha viagem em Varsóvia. Fiquei realmente surpreendida, porque os meus amigos foram ao aeroporto dizer-me adeus (às 5 da manhã!). Depois de mudar em Bruxelas, cheguei finalmente ao Porto. Tinha um grande sonho - dormir, dormir e dormir. Eu estava muito cansada, porque o mês anterior foi cansativo, mas eu não podia desistir, eu tinha que ver o oceano. Decidi fazer uma caminhada e fui novamente surpreendida. O Porto não é tão plano como um prato. A cidade é cheia de colinas e vales. Além disso, o metro anda na maior parte da cidade acima do solo. Parece-se mais com um elétrico do que com um metro. No domingo, terminei o meu fim de semana e parti para Viana do Castelo. Ana Paula e Joaquina foram-me buscar à estação de comboios, mostraram-me o meu novo apartamento e levaram-me a jantar. O tempo estava surpreendente, porque no ar havia algo como fumo, mas isso vinha do mar. No dia seguinte, a primeira coisa, foram as gaivotas dizerem "Olá!" para mim. Elas gritavam muito alto.
Na segunda-feira comecei o meu primeiro dia na AJD. As minhas principais tarefas na AJD estão relacionadas com a comunicação (tanto a Internet como a mídia tradicional). A equipa e as crianças prepararam-me um grande cartaz de bem-vinda. Foi uma grande surpresa! Fiquei muito feliz e não esperava um começo tão giro para o meu serviço voluntário. Quero dizer-lhes "Obrigada!" (uma das duas palavras que eu conheço em Português) :).
Na terça-feira à noite fui com a Gretel (a outra voluntária) ao "XIX Festival de Folclore Internacional - Alto Minho" em Viana. Não esperava encontrar polacos tão longe do meu país!
Será um tempo louco, começar a minha aventura com uma nova língua e cultura. Façam "figas" meus amigos!



Comments

  1. Tenho a certeza que vai correr bem, mas pelo sim e pelo não cá estou eu a fazer "figas"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment