The highest Highs and the lowest Lows

When going abroad there is a lot of things you can do.

Work on your mental state, create a good supportive system, go into it with a positive attitude and be conscious about Highs and Lows.

That is what I did, but even that did not fully prepare me for my stay in Portugal.


A lot happened. I met incredible people, experienced wonderful moments, and laughed out loud, but I also had some of the worst mental breakdowns and cried harder than ever.

That’s what an ESC is made for though, isn’t it?


I agree with that and I’m happy to have had this opportunity, but sometimes life goes it’s own way and my life did that.

I’m going home. My German home.

Much earlier than initially expected.

For me this stay stops in June and it will be time to continue differently.


But this does not mean that I regret even a single moment I spent here. Be it the highest Highs or the lowest Lows, this experience shaped me and made me into the Anna I am today. And I am proud of this person.

So, thank you. Thank you for helping me create a new, fulfilled Anna.






Comments