It’s been a month already?!

To be precise, one month and one and a half weeks. Time does fly, right?

Back in Germany I was stuck at home and everyday felt the same – waking up, taking a walk, eating, drawing, going to sleep and repeat.

To nobody’s surprise the hours felt like days, the days felt like weeks, the weeks like months and the months like years.


But not anymore! Since I arrived, every day felt like an adventure.

Not only is the work incredibly diverse and interesting, exploring the city with my roommates is also a really nice activity to do in my free time.

Getting bored is almost impossible. Even if there is nothing to do, I can find something easily.


Not everything is fun and games though. Sometimes it is difficult to live far away from my childhood home. I do miss my friends, family and my comfort from Germany.

Especially, because I never lived alone till now.

But I do not plan on giving up and going home so easily! I can already see myself growing on this challenge I set myself.

I’m learning a lot about Portugal and the culture. About communicating, without speaking the same language. About children and their creativity. About being independent and how to plan my days accordingly. And most importantly about me as a small person in this huge world.

-Anna, March 2022

Comments