Olá, I'm Daniele

 

Hello everyone,

My name is Daniele, I’m from a small town in the South of Italy called Marcellinara and I’m an old man of 25 years. Since I have always loved travelling and trying new experiences, after finishing my master’s degree in Philosophy I decided to try being a volunteer abroad. This is my second experience actually: I was in Slovakia for two months and now I’m here in the beautiful Viana do Castelo.


Marcellinara, my hometown
Marcellinara, my hometown

I arrived on the 29th of January, the trip was quite hard. Due to Covid-19 limitations I risked to miss my flight, but thankfully everything ended well. Once I arrived in Viana, I was welcomed by Jerusa and my Italian housemate Emiliano. People in AJD seem very nice, I’m sure I will do a lot of amusing activities. I’m interested mainly in communication and promotion of events, but I think volunteering is useful especially to understand what you really like and what you are good at, so I’m always open for new challenges.


Dolny Kubin in Slovakia, where I had my first volunteering

Unfortunately I arrived in Portugal in a bad moment, with the lockdown it’s not possible to explore the city and the country, but I’ll be waiting for the situation to get better and enjoy this experience at its fullest. At least the house is very cool, the kitchen is amazing, this allows me to dedicate to one of my greatest passions: cooking! Other things I really like are arts and reading novels and essays, but I’m also a nerdy person, I enjoy playing videogames, watching movies and reading comics.


Dressed up for a theatrical performance


Let’s go for this new adventure!
Daniele

Comments