My arrival in Portugal 🇵🇹

 Hello,

My name is Logane and I am 18 years old, I am French, born in St Brieuc (Brittany), but living in Quettetot (Lower Normandy). My last two years of schooling were in a general high school, to obtain my literary baccalaureate.

In everyday life I love everything related to art (photography, painting, history, etc...). I like to cook, discover new things (my goal is to travel the most possible), but above all I love having to discover new cultures and make new friends.


There are several reasons I chose to participate in this volunteering with AJD. First of all, I liked the mission straight away, especially given its wide diversity. Then, after the first contacts, I quickly felt at ease and the staff seemed very concerned and attentive to me (which has been confirmed since my arrival here). Finally, all of these reasons motivated my conviction to change the area, to try new things, to embark on this new adventure even more.


I was lucky that one of my roommates lives a short walk from my house, we were able to walk the entire trip together which greatly reduced that part of the stress that I could feel on top of the excitement. We were pleasantly surprised upon our arrival in Porto, the Portuguese are so welcoming! The apartment was well above my expectations. Everything is new and this feeling of discovery on every street corner is so pleasant!


Regarding AJD, from my first day of work I was sure that in no case would I regret my choice, I hardly had any questions to ask as the information given to us is so complete! Everyone makes sure that everything goes for the best. I can't wait to continue this new project and discover a lot of new things. 


Logane 






Comments