Hello I am Emiliano

Hello i am Emiliano. I am 19 years old and I am from Italy. The city where I lived is called Falconara Marittima, it is really close to Ancona that is the capital of the district. I arrived in Portugal on 15 October in Porto from Milan. Outside the airport I took the bus that would bring  me to Viana do Castelo. In Viana do Castelo bus station, there was a boy, who took me to my  home, where I will leave  the next 11 months. The house is fantastic, I didn’t expect that the house would be  such a beautiful home. Before to start my volunteering activities I did two weeks of quarantine because of the covid-19. The second of November was my first day at work in AJD, there, I met the children and my first impression was that they are amazing, lively, but respectful. The stuff is very helpful. At the beginning it is normal to have some problems due to a new environment and new culture, but the staff has always been very kind and attentive to my every need. This year I expect to improve my relationship with children because is amazing to play with them and it is a kind of leap to the past. With them I also hope to learn Portuguese because with children is more simple to speak and now they are my free teacher. They are curious so there could be an exchange of lenguages and culture. I also expect to improve my humanitarian skills for the future and to stay in harmony with people different than me. I think is really important to leave in peace and respecting everyone                                                  

Comments